Holey Mayole Bag Pattern by Mrs H
- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Great for learning new techniques and skills
- Uses minimal hardware
- Easy to customise - make it Holey per the pattern, or make the flap without the hole
The Holey Mayole bag sewing pattern is a great way to learn new techniques and skills.This stylish handbag features a faux double welt slip pocket, a zip pocket with facing and handles which slip strikingly through the ultra secure flap.
This modern bag is easy to customise. If you decide to make the flap without the hole, you can instead attach a crossbody strap to the sides and use this purse as a crossbody or shoulder bag, instead of as a handbag.
The Holey Mayole is classified as an intermediate sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers.
The Holey Mayole sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs.The paper pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces.
What difficulty is this sewing pattern?
The Holey Mayole is classified as an intermediate sewing pattern. However, if you get stuck, click here to visit our Facebook group for support: Facebook Support Group for Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.
How big is the finished bag?
The Holey Mayole bag has finished dimensions of 13" x 11" x 5" (33cm x 28cm x 12.5cm).
What materials do I need?
- 1yd (0.9m) Outer
- 1/2yd (0.5m) Contrast
- 1yd (0.9m) Lining
- 1/2yd (0.5m) Foam Stabiliser
- 8” x 12” (21cm x 31cm) Fusible Fleece
- 2 1/2yd (2.25m) Medium Weight Interfacing – Based on 40” wide. Narrower will need more
- 8” x 12” (21cm x 31cm) Firm Interfacing (Peltex, Decovil 1 or Stiff Stuff)
- 1 x Tongue lock/Thumb Catch
- 6 x 8mm post x 9mm cap Double Cap Rivets
- 1 x 9” (23cm) zip for lining pocket (size 5)
- Double sided basting tape
- Duct tape
- Zip foot
- Walking foot