Classes - What to Bring (Requirements List) - Dressmaking Techniques (Gathering)
Requirements List - Dressmaking Techniques (Gathering/Pleats/Pintucks/Shirring)
- Your sewing machine, foot pedal and the instruction book /manual
- Any extra feet and all the other accessories supplied with the machine
- Spare bobbins to fit your machine
- Sewing machine needles appropriate to the fabric you are using for samples
- Marking tools (Fading marker, Iron Off Pen, Chalk)
- Unpicker or seam ripper
- A small sharp pair of scissors, cutting out scissors and scissors for cutting paper
- Pencil, pen and a ruler
- 1m lightweight cotton (a poplin is perfect) or plenty of scraps for making samples.
- Contrasting thread.
All Machine Sewing Classes
We do not provide sewing machines for classes as we believe that you will learn more from using your own machine. If your machine is too heavy to lift; let us know before the class and we can make exception by prior arrangement.
We can help you to get your sewing machine from your car to the workshop space upstairs if you pull up outside the shop on the double yellow lines to drop it off. Then you can go and park in the car park behind.
If your class goes over lunchtime you can either:
- Bring your lunch with you
- Pre-order your lunch from the lovely cafe opposite the shop (The Commute).
Our classes generally only break for a maximum 30 minutes so there isn't really time to go out and buy lunch during the day.
We have tea and coffee available all day free of charge. In classes less than 3 hours we ask that you come early and make a drink before we start.