Classes - What to Bring (Requirements Lists) - Patchwork Cushion (HST)
Requirements List - Patchwork for Beginners (Cushion HSTs)
- Sewing Machine, power lead, foot pedal and the Instruction Book
- Spare Machine Bobbins that fit your machine
- Universal Sewing Machine Needles (preferably size 80 and 90 )
- Wonder clips
- Safety pins
- Unpicker/Seam Ripper
- Scissors - one pair for cutting out fabric; one pair for paper and a small pair for snipping threads and clipping fabrics
- Rotary cutter (if you already own any acrylic rulers then bring these too)
- Marking tools (chalk, iron off/wash off pens, chalk pencils)
- Pen, pencil, ruler and notebook
- Fabric (Quilting Cotton)
- 1 Fat Quarter of plain fabric for the background
- 2 different Fat Quarters for the centre and border
- 0.5m for the envelope back
- Matching thread (or light grey if you are using contrasting colours).
All Machine Sewing Classes
We do not provide sewing machines for classes as we believe that you will learn more from using your own machine. If your machine is too heavy to lift; let us know before the class and we can make exception by prior arrangement.
We can help you to get your sewing machine from your car to the workshop space upstairs if you pull up outside the shop on the double yellow lines to drop it off. Then you can go and park in the car park behind.
If your class goes over lunchtime you can either:
- Bring your lunch with you
- Pre-order your lunch from the lovely cafe opposite the shop (The Commute).
Our classes generally only break for a maximum 30 minutes so there isn't really time to go out and buy lunch during the day.