Part Time Sales Assistant
We are looking for someone reliable, friendly and passionate about sewing to join our team!
Days of Work
Saturdays 9.00am - 5.00pm (this would ideally be every Saturday but for the right candidate we may consider 3 in 4).
Mondays 9.00am - 5.00pm (during school holidays only. 10 weeks a year). MAY BE FLEXIBLE ON THIS IF YOU ONLY WANT TO WORK SATURDAYS.
There maybe the possibility of extra hours on a Wednesday and ideally you will have flexibility to work other days to cover sickness/holidays.
Daily tasks overview:
- Day to day running of the shop: advising and serving customers, packing online orders, handling orders and deliveries, opening up/locking up the shop, cashing up and managing displays.
- Once you are confident in the running of the shop, you will be working on your own.
- Sewing enthusiasm and detailed knowledge of one or more areas of sewing (e.g. dressmaking, patchwork, bag making). Knowledge of all areas is not required as we will provide training on the products we sell.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in person, over the phone and online.
- Retail experience preferred but not essential.
- Must be able to work on own initiative, manage own time and work under pressure as our customers are like buses; they all come in at once!
- Experience using IT - our systems all operate from an app; so you need to be familiar with how to connect to wifi, printer set ups and it really helps if you are familiar with generic programmes like excel for spreadsheets. You'll need to have a problem solving mind as you will be expected to be able to keep the business going when our tech says no!
- An enthusiasm for photography and social media.
- Physical strength: We operate over two floors and the role involves moving heavy stock over the 2 levels.
- Flexibility to cover absences.
Rates of Pay and Benefits
- We are a retail bricks and mortar business; overheads and costs are very high; so we can only offer the living wage at the moment.
- We do offer a substantial staff discount though and can be flexible to a degree on working patterns so long as they are agreed well in advance.
- We offer paid holiday.
- Full details will be provided at interview.
The closing date for applications is the 6th January and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
If you'd like to apply, please send your CV and a short covering email to email@example.com.