APPLICATIONS CLOSED - we are currently reviewing applications and will be in touch shortly.
Part Time Sales Assistant & Workshop Administrator
We are looking for someone reliable, friendly and passionate about sewing to join our team!
Mondays 10am – 5:30
Fridays 10am – 4:30
Saturdays 9:30 – 5:30 (one in three Saturdays)
(Exact hours may vary)
Daily tasks overview:
- Day to day running of the shop: advising and serving customers, packing online orders, handling orders and deliveries, opening up/locking up the shop, cashing up and managing displays. This will usually be lone-working
- Workshop administration: emailing course outlines and requirements, booking tutors, customer queries, maintaining waiting lists, adding workshop details to our website and social media platforms
- Sewing enthusiasm and detailed knowledge of one or more areas of sewing (e.g. dressmaking, patchwork, bag making). Knowledge of all areas is not required
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in person, over the phone and online
- Retail experience preferred but not essential
- Must be able to work on own initiative, manage own time and work under pressure as the administration tasks are to be completed while working in the shop
- Experience using spreadsheets, social media platforms and email - training will be given for our shop platform and till
- Physical strength: We operate over two floors and the role involves moving heavy stock around
- Flexibility to cover absences
The closing date for applications is the 27th January and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. Interviews will take place between the 28th January and 4th February.
If you'd like to apply, please send your CV and a short covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.