Mrs H, Crossbody Bag Pattern
- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Clever straps to convert the bag from a backpack to a crossbody bag or shoulder bag
- Lots of beautiful hardware, including a bag frame, Diamond Strap Anchors, and rivets
The Dainty Daytripper is a multipurpose bag designed for adventure! Wear it as a backpack, if you need to keep your hands free, or lengthen the straps and use The Dainty Daytripper as a crossbody or shoulder bag.
The Dainty Daytripper is a beautifully bling-y bag, making good use of bag hardware. As well as the bag frame, the sewing pattern also calls for diamond strap anchors and rivets.
The front pocket of The Dainty Daytripper is the perfect size to show off fabric panels or for some embroidery. This bag has a zipped pocket and a hidden pocket on the front, as well as a zip pocket and a slip pocket inside.
The Dainty Daytripper bag sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs. This bag sewing pattern uses a set of Emmaline internal wire frames and the instructions guide you through how to use the frames. We would advise reading through your sewing pattern before you begin making your bag.
The Dainty Daytripper bag sewing pattern is classified as an advanced beginner to intermediate level bag sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert sewing pattern testers.
The paper pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces.
What difficulty is this sewing pattern?
This is an advanced beginner to intermediate level sewing pattern.However, if you get stuck, please ask us for help in our Facebook group: Facebook Support Group for Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.
How big is the finished bag?
The Dainty Daytripper bag has finished dimensions of 11" x 13" x 5" (28cm x 33cm x 12.5cm).
What materials will I need for this bag?
A note about materials: at its thickest part you will be sewing through 6 layers plus 2 layers of foam stabiliser to form the bottom boxed corners. If you are using all faux leather / vinyl / cork, you may want to consider doing a swatch test before you begin.
- 1 1/4 yard (1m) Outer Fabric
- 1 1/4 yard (1m) Lining Fabric
- 18"x36" (46cm x 92cm) Foam Stabiliser
- 2 3/4 yd (2.5m) Medium Weight Interfacing
- 2 x 1" (2.5cm) D or triangle rings
- 2 x 1" (2.5cm) swivel clasps
- 4 x Diamond Strap Anchors
- 1 x pair Emmaline internal wire frames (Style A)
- 1 x 18" (46cm) double or single zip for the top zip (size 5)
- 1 x 14" (35.5cm) zip for the front pocket (size 3 or size 5)
- 1 x 9" (23cm) zip for lining pocket (size 3)
- 2 x 1 1/4" (3cm) triglide buckles/sliders (you can substitute these for 1" (2.5cm) if needed)
- 1 x 5/8" (18mm) Slim Magnetic Snap
- 12 x 8mm double cap rivets
- double sided basting tape
- duct tape
- zip foot
- walking foot