Tilly & The Buttons Nora Sweatshirt Top Pattern
Fill your wardrobe with quick and easy Nora tops. This modern style sweater or t-shirt has a boxy, oversized shape with drop shoulders and wide sleeves. Incredibly versatile, make it in a variety of fabrics – from jersey to sweater knits – to see you through the year in style.
Choose from slouchy high neck or narrow neckband; short, elbow-length or extra-long sleeves; with longline hem or cropped and stepped deep hem with side splits. Once you make one, you’ll be hooked!
Nora includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight knit fabric with at least 10% crosswise stretch, such as jersey, interlock, ponte, sweater knits or stretch velvet. TIP: Buy a bit extra and pre-wash it to allow for shrinkage before cutting.
- Fabric - Short sleeve round neck vn: 1.1m (1¼yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 1.9m (2 1/8 yd) x 115cm (45in)
Elbow-length sleeve round neck vn: 1.3m (1½yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 2m (2¼yd) x 115cm (45in)
Long sleeve high neck vn: 1.5m (1 5/8yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 2.5m (2 ¾yd) x 115cm (45in)
- Optional: 0.3m (3/8yd) ribbing for narrow neckband (or use same fabric as above)
- Matching thread
- 0.3m (3/8yd) of 6-9mm (1/4in) satin ribbon, stay tape, clear elastic or strips of knit interfacing
- Ballpoint needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)
- Optional: Overlocker (serger)