Classes - What to Bring (Requirements List) - Applique
Requirements List - Techniques - Applique
- Sewing Machine (clean and in good working order) and the Instruction Book
- Machine Bobbins that fit your machine
- The feet that came with the machine
- An applique or satin stitch foot if you have this
- Standard/universal sewing machine needles Sizes 80 & 90
- Topstitch machine needles size 80 or 90
- Dressmaking Pins
- Cutting out Scissors
- A small pair of Scissors with sharp points
- Paper Scissors
- Selection of sewing, machine embroidery and machine quilting threads
- Reel of white bobbin thread
- Fading Marker Pen
- Pen, pencil and a ruler
- A few sheets of tracing paper
- 7 pieces of plain fabric about A4 size
- A good selection of pieces of patterned/plain fabrics that tone/contrast with the plain fabric
- One piece of fabric with a defined print e.g. flowered
- ½ metre of paper backed fusible web such as Bondaweb
- ½ metre of tear away stabiliser (Stitch N Tear)
- An A4 size piece of lightweight fusible dress making interfacing
- An A4 size piece of sheer fabric such as organza (optional)
- Spray Starch (optional)
- 505 Spray Glue (optional)
- Piece of Baking Paper/Parchment
All Machine Sewing Classes
We do not provide sewing machines for classes as we believe that you will learn more from using your own machine. If your machine is too heavy to lift; let us know before the class and we can make exception by prior arrangement.
We can help you to get your sewing machine from your car to the workshop space upstairs if you pull up outside the shop on the double yellow lines to drop it off. Then you can go and park in the car park behind.
If your class goes over lunchtime you can either:
- Bring your lunch with you
- Pre-order your lunch from the lovely cafe opposite the shop (The Commute).
Our classes generally only break for a maximum 30 minutes so there isn't really time to go out and buy lunch during the day.
We have tea and coffee available all day free of charge. In classes less than 3 hours we ask that you come early and make a drink before we start.