How we use your data
Escape & Create use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to verify your identity
- to make our website appealing to you
- for crime and fraud prevention and detection
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers, products and services that we think may be of interest
- for market research purposes to better understand your needs
- to enable us to communicate with you
- where we have a legal right or duty to disclose or use your information.
With your consent, Escape & Create uses your data for electronic marketing purposes. We aim to provide information and updates about our products and services that you find of interest and are relevant.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- making use of the "unsubscribe" link in emails and/or
Sharing Data with Third Parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service providers. These include IT, delivery, administration and marketing service providers.
We only allow these to handle your personal data when we are comfortable that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. They are only able to provide services to us and to you and for no other purposes.
Other Third Parties
Apart from those mentioned here, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share our data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- to comply with our own legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights
- for the prevention, detection and investigation of crime and prosecution of offenders and
- for the protection of our employees and customers
To deliver products and services to you, it is necessary for us to share your data outside of the UK. These are subject to special rules under data protection laws. We use standard data protection clauses which have been approved by the UK Government.
How long we do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
What Personal Data do we collect?
Escape & Create may collect:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details; postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile phone numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you
- your on-line browsing activities on our website
- your password(s);
- when you make a purchase, place an order - your payment card details
- your communication and marketing preferences
- your interest, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- your location;
- your correspondence and communication with Escape & Create; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed, public Instagram account or public Facebook page).
This list is not exhaustive. We may need to collect additional data for the purposes of this Policy.
How we protect your data
Escape & Create is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure
Our security measures include:
- encryption of data with our service providers
- regular checks of service providers
- written policies setting out our data security approach and training.
What you can do to protect your data
Escape & Create will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via e-mail. If you receive an email claiming to be from us asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
You have the following rights:
- to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access)
- in certain circumstances to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of reassure or o be forgotten)
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out of date or incorrect personal data we hold about you (the right of notification)
- to opt out of marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object)
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us as above.
Legal Basis for Escape & Create processing customer personal data
Escape & Create collects and uses customer's personal data because it is necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interest
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer or
- Complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate Interest
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests including:
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- improving existing products and services and developing new ones;
complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting Escape & Create, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Escape & Create;
effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Escape & Create; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers and colleagues.
What are Cookies?
How are cookies collected?
By our third party website and online shop providers.
What are Cookies used for?
- technical purposes essential for the effective operation of our website
- to enable us and our third party providers to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including monitoring the success of compaigns etc
How do I disable cookies?
You can change your website browser setting to reject cookies.
What happens if I disable cookies?
In general, the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to purchase on our site.
Data Protection Officer
Escape & Create has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers (and others) and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us here
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the information Commissioners Office, Further information, including contact details, are available at https://ico.org.uk.
All material on this site is copyright © Escape & Create Ltd, except where specifically stated otherwise. Visitors may read, view, print and download one hard copy of the material for their personal, non-commercial use only. Visitors may not copy, distribute, sell, publish, display, transmit, reproduce or decompile any part of the material by any means (electronic or not) or for any purpose include it in any derivative works.
Trademarks and Intellectual Property
Trademarks, service marks and logos displayed on this site belong to Escape & Create Ltd. Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting any licence to use any trademark, service mark of logo displayed on this site without the express written permission of Escape & Create Ltd.
Conditions of use of Escape & Create’s website
Your access to and use of Escape & Create’s website (escapeandcreate.co.uk) is subject to the following terms and conditions which, by accessing and browsing this site, you accept without any limitation or qualification.
This site is owned and operated by Escape & Create Ltd (referred to as Escape & Create). Whilst Escape & Create has endeavoured to ensure that all information on this site is correct, the contents of this site are provided to you “as is” without representation or warranty of any kind (express or implied) including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Escape & Create accepts no liability for any statement, inaccuracy or omission on this site. Escape & Create accepts no liability for any loss or damages of any kind resulting from the use of any information obtained directly or indirectly from this site or for any viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, downloading of or browsing in this site. All such liability is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Escape & Create may at any time modify any relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices. You acknowledge that by visiting the website from time to time, you shall become bound to the current version of the relevant terms and conditions and, unless stated in the current version, all previous versions shall be superseded by the current version. You shall be responsible for reviewing the then current version each time you visit the website. Escape & Create has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct and all workshops and products have been fairly described. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Escape & Create disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
Please note: Posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene or other inappropriate material on Escape & Create site is prohibited.
We have placed links on this website to other websites we think you may want to visit. These websites are out of our control and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk. When visiting external links you must refer to that external websites terms and conditions of use. No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of the Escape & Create. Please contact us if you would like to link to this website or would like to request a link to your website.
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between you and Escape & Create. Accessing this website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.