Classes - What to Bring (Requirements List) - Next Steps
Requirements List - Techniques - Next Steps
- Your sewing machine, foot pedal and the instruction book /manual
- Any extra feet and all the other accessories supplied with the machine
- Spare bobbins to fit your machine
- Sewing machine needles in sizes 80 & 90
- Top Stitch sewing machine needles size 80 or 90
- A twin sewing machine needle any size
- At least 6 pieces of calico or other white cotton
- At least 4 reels of machine sewing thread in different colours
- A selection other threads such as embroidery or quilting threads
- Pieces of fabric for practise such as patchwork fabric both plain and printed denim and other lightweight fabrics
- Short length of piping cord (any size)
- Piece of tear away stabiliser
- 2 or 3 buttons in different sizes
- Fading marker
- Pins ▪ Unpicker or seam ripper
- A small sharp pair of scissors, cutting out scissors and scissors for cutting paper
- Pencil, pen and a ruler
Plus materials for the organiser - details to follow.
All Machine Sewing Classes
We do not provide sewing machines for classes as we believe that you will learn more from using your own machine. If your machine is too heavy to lift; let us know before the class and we can make exception by prior arrangement.
We can help you to get your sewing machine from your car to the workshop space upstairs if you pull up outside the shop on the double yellow lines to drop it off. Then you can go and park in the car park behind.
If your class goes over lunchtime you can either:
- Bring your lunch with you
- Pre-order your lunch from the lovely cafe opposite the shop (The Commute).
Our classes generally only break for a maximum 30 minutes so there isn't really time to go out and buy lunch during the day.
We have tea and coffee available all day free of charge. In classes less than 3 hours we ask that you come early and make a drink before we start.