Classes - What to Bring (Requirements List) - Patchwork Block of the Month
Requirements List - Patchwork - Block of the Month
- Sewing Machine (clean and in good working order)
- The Instruction Book
- Spare Machine Bobbins (must be the correct ones for your machine)
- All the feet and accessories that came with the machine
- Universal Sewing Machine Needles Sizes 80, 90
- Rotary Cutter and any Acrylic Rulers you may have
- Cutting out scissors
- Paper scissors
- Small Pair of scissors
- Fading Marker Pen or Tailors Chalk
- Wonder clips
- Pen, pencil and a ruler
- Wonky Stars (Sept)
- Background Fabric - 1 FQ
- 2 x 10" squares for stars
- Folded Flying Geese (Oct)
- 16 x 2.5" squares
- 4 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles
- Border - 1 FQ
- Hollow Boxes (Nov)
- Background Fabric - 12 x 2.5" squares
- Dark Fabric - 4 x 2.5" squares & 4 x 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles
- Light Fabric - 4 x 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles & 4 x 2.5" x 6.5" rectangles.
We do not provide sewing machines for classes as we believe that you will learn more from using your own machine. If your machine is too heavy to lift; let us know before the class and we can make exception by prior arrangement.
We can help you to get your sewing machine from your car to the workshop space upstairs if you pull up outside the shop on the double yellow lines to drop it off. Then you can go and park in the car park behind.
If your class goes over lunchtime you can either:
- Bring your lunch with you
- Pre-order your lunch from the lovely cafe opposite the shop (The Commute).
Our classes generally only break for a maximum 30 minutes so there isn't really time to go out and buy lunch during the day.
We have tea and coffee available all day free of charge. In classes less than 3 hours we ask that you come early and make a drink before we start.