Classes - What to Bring (Requirements Lists) - Learn to Sew (Pyjamas)
- Sewing Machine, power lead, foot pedal and the Instruction Book
- Spare Machine Bobbins that fit your machine
- Universal Sewing Machine Needles (preferably size 80 and 90 )
- Pins /Wonder clips
- 2 large Safety pins
- Unpicker/ Seam Ripper
- Scissors - one pair for cutting out fabric; one pair for paper and a small pair for snipping threads and clipping fabrics
- Marking tools (chalk, iron off/wash off pens, chalk pencils)
- Pen, pencil and notebook
- Tape measure
- Thread (preferably Gutermann Sew All)
- We will be using the Jaimie pattern by Tilly & The Buttons.
- Fabrics to use for your first pair
- We recommend using cotton lawn, shirting, light weight cottons, double gauze, quilting cotton or flannel. Avoid viscose for your first pair - great for the next one!
- To see how much fabric you will need please follow this link to the pattern and all the details are there. You will need to measure your waist and hip as the sizing does not match shop bought clothing. If you aren't sure, ask or go up a size as we will do full measurements in class. If you are taller than 1.7m you will need to add extra to allow for any extra leg length.
- Matching thread
- Your low waist measurement in 25mm (1in) wide elastic
- Drawstring version: Small scrap of iron-on interfacing.
All Machine Sewing Classes
We do not provide sewing machines for classes as we believe that you will learn more from using your own machine. If your machine is too heavy to lift; let us know before the class and we can make exception by prior arrangement.
We can help you to get your sewing machine from your car to the workshop space upstairs if you pull up outside the shop on the double yellow lines to drop it off. Then you can go and park in the car park behind.
If your class goes over lunchtime you can either:
- Bring your lunch with you
- Pre-order your lunch from the lovely cafe opposite the shop (The Commute).
Our classes generally only break for a maximum 30 minutes so there isn't really time to go out and buy lunch during the day.