Noodlehead Campfire Messenger Bag Pattern
Get organized with this classic styled messenger bag. There are ample pockets and space for everyday use.
- Feature your favorite print on the Flap
- Adjustable strap
- Zippered, pleated and slip pockets
- Optional top zipper closure
- Hardware flap closure, plus two alternate closure options!
Skill Level: IntermediateApprox. Finished Dimensions: 9½” W, 11½” H, 2½” deep at base
Want to see more examples? Check out #campfiremessengerbag on Instagram!
Materials needed:+ Requirements based on 44” wide fabric. FQ=Fat Quarter=18" x 22"
- Exterior fabric, 3/4 yard
- Lining fabric, 3/4 yard
- Flap fabric, FQ
- Accent fabric (binding, strap, slip pocket, zip pocket lining), 3/4 yard
- Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101), 2 yards
- Fusible Fleece or ByAnnie's Soft and Stable, 1/3 yard
- 6" non-separating zipper
- 12" non-separating or separating zipper (optional top closure)
- Size 24 Metal Snap, 2 sets
- 1/2" x 1" Metal Rectangle, 4*
- 1" Metal Strap Slider
Alternate Closures: (4) 1” D-Rings and 1”x 16” scrap leather, or use fabric instructions (and * = omit 2) OR (2) tuck locks (and * = omit 2)
Additional supplies + tools: Thread, water-soluble pen, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, turning tool, 1/4”-wide fusible web tape, (2) 1/4” x 5” strips of leather/ribbon for zipper pull(s), denim needle, snap setting tool, 3/4”-wide sew-in hook-and-loop tape or additional size 24 metal snap (for optional flap and/or back pocket closure)