Bag Making Techniques (3 Week Course)
Fancy making your own bags but not sure where to start? Made your own bags but not happy with the quality or looking for some help to take your bag making skills up a notch?
On this course; we will concentrate on discussing basic techniques used in the bag making process, whilst making a wide bottomed zipped case with a wrist strap (or a shoulder strap if you prefer).
● Choosing fabrics/interfacings/stabilisers and different effects they create
● Fusing and Block Fusing interfacing, and application of stabiliser
● Using your pattern pieces – small modifications to patterns to change the shape of your bag
● Topstitching and piping
● Straps and handles and use of webbing
● Zips and continuous zips. Using tabs to cover zip ends.
● Magnetic snaps.
● Boxing corners
● Slip pocket - will be putting a flap over the slip pocket, and piping the flap.
● Zipped pocket - simple method.
The patterns are included in the price of the course but the materials are not. You will need to collect your patterns from the shop and come to the course with your fabric already cut out. See "What To Bring" for more information.
Wednesday 17th and 24th April; 1st May
Time: 10.00am - 12.00pm.
What to Bring (Requirements List)
Class Bookings (Terms & Conditions)